Tuesday, May 29, 2007

We're All Moved In, Hallelujah!

What an ordeal, really! We had movers at the old house at 9:00 a.m. on Saturday morning. Jackson and I left and went to the Nashville Flea Market. It was a pretty good one this month. I took the wagon and pulled Jackson around in it. He was so good. I had stopped and gotten myself a large Diet Coke on the way to the flea market, so I put my Diet Coke and his sippy cup of juice/water in the wagon with him. As we were walking around, I looked back and he was holding my huge Diet Coke with both of his little hands and was guzzling it up out of the straw! That stink pot!

Anyway, the movers were busy moving us until around 7:00 p.m., I think. I can't really remember when they finished up. Of course, they had to scar up some of my furniture and our new walls in the process of moving. They were two young kids. I can't believe they didn't send three people. Our stuff is heavy! Then on Sunday Tom rented a U-Haul truck to clear out the odds and ends at the old house. Who knew we had accumulated so many odds and ends? I am now in the process of sorting through that stuff, which should have been done before the move, I know, I know, and taking it to Goodwill. The old house is empty except for Buster and Barney. They will be over there another day, I think, and then we have to board them until our fence goes up, which could be two weeks! I know they think we've just skipped town on them. I left a radio on for them just so they wouldn't be so bored with silence.

I guess our lives will get back to normal soon enough, whatever that is. Mary Jo and John came in Sunday night around 10:00, I guess, to help us settle in. I don't think they knew what they were in for. They were a huge help. While I cleaned and lined cabinets and washed dishes, clothes, etc., they helped Tom clear out the old house and get all the boxes in the appropriate rooms for unloading.

We moved Buster and Barney to Mary Lynn's until Sunday when a spot opens up at the pet resort we send them to. They will stay there until the end of next week when hopefully our fence goes up! There has been so much happening since Saturday, but I am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I am covered up with work, which I'm happy for, but it's hard to put things away and clean when I've got all these pages on my mind.

There is going to be a Providence pool party this Saturday that we're going to. It will be a good time to meet our neighbors and some other kids for Jackson to play with. Well, I'm tired, so here are some pictures. Isn't that what you all want to see anyway? I thought so.
Here Jackson is helping Grandma unload the U-Haul. He's supervising, really.
How cute is Jackson in his little floppy Gilligan hat?
Jackson was having so much fun running around his new house. He is such a happy boy!
How do you like this over-the-shoulder pose?
Jackson and Grandma Hart acting silly!
This is the first time Jackson has eaten a whole apple like this. He was so proud of himself!
Come back again real soon!
Sabrina


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails