Friday, June 1, 2007

Ticks, Mice, Gnats, Oh My!

Last night Tom had a tick climbing up his arm. Yikes! Everyone who knows me knows I'm terrified of those blood-sucking insects! It was a little one and didn't look like a deer tick, but still just as gross.

Then after I put Jackson to bed, I was walking out of his room and something darted in front of me on the floor. I thought it was a lizard or something. I turned the hall light on and there was this teeny-tiny mouse, pretty cute actually, just sitting by the closet door staring at me. He didn't really try to run or hide from me. I yelled for Tom to get out in the hallway, and so he opened the office door and the mouse didn't move then either. He just turned his little head and looked at Tom. I wanted to just open the door and let him run out, but I was afraid he would run down the hall and be lost in the house forever, so we put boxes all around the front door that served as a barrier to the rest of the house and then I opened the door and Tom shoo'd it out. It ran to the end of the front porch, realized it was outside and didn't want to be, I assume, and turned around and started running back. We were freaking out trying to get the door closed before it jumped back in. It was funny. I can't believe Jack stayed asleep for all of that excitement, but he did.

And we are still having gnats all in the tubs. Disgusting.

I am finally getting some things accomplished. I got Jackson's bathroom stuff in. I got this shower curtain and bath mat. I love it!

These next pictures are of Jackson playing with his pacifier that he found in a moving box. He never, ever took to the pacifier. He was always a thumb-sucker. So it was funny when he ran up to me with this in his mouth. He had the cutest smirk on his face because he knew he was being silly. I think he was wanting me to tell him no so he could defy me or something, but I let him play with it until he was tired of it.

Come back real soon!

Sabrina

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails