Well, after Tom and I allowed the mouse to leave of its own free will on Thursday night, he reappeared Friday night in our kitchen, the same one! I'm sure it was because Tom said it was tiny and all. So he went to the store (Tom, that is) and got some of those glue strip things to catch it. I wanted him to try to catch and release, but he had tried and the mouse wasn't having any part of it.
So he put the glue strip thing down and caught it right away. I hated that it died, but Tom said there's some chemical agent on the strip that puts them to sleep. I hope he's right. I had visions of him suffering on that thing endlessly. Anyway, he put several more down in the kitchen overnight and Saturday morning I just knew when I walked around the corner, I'd see like a dozen mice stuck on those things! I would have freaked out! I was scared to look. But thankfully there were no more. Once we get our fence up and the dogs get here, I doubt we'll have any more mice!
So he put the glue strip thing down and caught it right away. I hated that it died, but Tom said there's some chemical agent on the strip that puts them to sleep. I hope he's right. I had visions of him suffering on that thing endlessly. Anyway, he put several more down in the kitchen overnight and Saturday morning I just knew when I walked around the corner, I'd see like a dozen mice stuck on those things! I would have freaked out! I was scared to look. But thankfully there were no more. Once we get our fence up and the dogs get here, I doubt we'll have any more mice!
Mom came in this weekend to watch Jackson so I could get some much needed work done. The house still has to be put away, but I had actual work to do. I got a lot done. We had the neighborhood pool party Saturday from 4:00 to 7:00. Tom bought Jackson some Elmo trunks and I know he really wanted him to swim, but it was a little cool, I thought. Jackson had just as much fun running around the place. He's really starting to notice bugs too. If he sees a dead bug or a bug in general, he'll say "Ewwww." He'll get down really close to it to look at it. It's funny. Here are a couple of pictures from the weekend.




Come back again real soon!
Sabrina















No comments:
Post a Comment