Sunday, May 6, 2007

Happy Birthday, Tom!


First things first. Happy birthday to Tom today! He turned 36. Mary Jo and John came in to help us celebrate. It was really a beautiful day. I made Tom a peanut butter birthday pie with help from my mom.

I didn't get Tom a present, except for three lottery tickets that he didn't win anything on, but we bought a camera not too long ago that will be our presents to each other for the next couple of holidays! Happy Birthday Anyway, Tom! Jackson and I love you very much!

Mom came into visit on Wednesday and left today. She helped me with Jackson while Tom was in California last week. Thanks, Mom!

Mom and I went on a home tour today in the Richland area of Nashville. The homes were so great! We saw the oldest home built in that area. I think it was built around 1808 by one of the early settlers of Nashville.

The house above is a Sears home that was built in the early 1800's. It was huge! It was split into five apartments at one time but is now a single-family home.

The two pictures below are of the oldest home in the Richland area. It had huge old trees and a beautiful back yard.


Jackson has really been showing a lot of interest in reading here lately, thankfully. So here are some really cute pictures of him reading with Daddy, Nanny and Grandma Hart:




I'll try to update this blog every other day if not more frequently. I hope this will give the grandparents their weekly fix of Jackson until they're able to see him again!

Also, I did want to say that the song I've put on here, "Dream Big," is the song that I used to hum and sing to Jackson when he was a newborn. I used to keep a little radio in his nursery, and it seems like every time I was in there at 2 a.m. giving him a bottle this song would be on. The words to this song sum up everything that I wish for him in his life.

I'll end my first blog entry with a picture of Jackson and Papa John from today. It's so cute.



Come back soon!

Sabrina

2 comments:

marylynn said...

Sabrina,
I think you've done a fabulous job on your blog! It's fun seeing your pictures and learning what you guys have been up to! You're right, it will be super for your out-of-town relatives. Can't wait to see more entries!

Mary Lynn

Anonymous said...

Sabrina: Great pictures of the baby. Wish Tom a happy birthday for me. Look for something in the mail. I plumb forgot. Love Dad

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails