Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Indulge Me For A Moment...

I need to whine. I am having serious live music withdrawal. I have been listening to Edwin McCain (one of my absolute favorite live performers) for the past few hours over the Internet and several things on YouTube. Edwin is nowhere near Nashville this whole year, which really makes me sad. He's in Atlanta February 14th. Hmmm. Tempting.

I'm really loving Brandi Carlile right now. CLICK HERE and see her smash hit The Story performed live somewhere in Minneapolis I think. Love her voice. That song has gotten huge airplay because Grey's Anatomy used it in one of their episodes, I think. And my friend Amy turned me on to a singer-songwriter Lori McKenna. She has a really folky sound for sure. CLICK HERE to hear a snipit of her song called Stealing Kisses. This was filmed at one of my favorite places for live music, Third & Lindsley, it appears on someone's cell phone. The last time I went there I saw Jimmy Hall and that was YEARS ago, definitely pre-Jackson. But then again, wasn't everything pre-Jackson? I guess I'm getting a little bit of cabin fever after two years! Ha!

Okay. Enough whining. I am just going to HAVE to go out soon. I'm hoping to go somewhere for my 40th birthday that is swiftly approaching! Anyone game?

We went to storytime this morning at the library where Jackson was bored out of his mind. Then we went to Sadie's to play where Jackson got his jollies pestering their dog Maggie with a helicopter toy of Beck's that drove Maggie crazy! It had been too long since he and Sadie have played. Here are a couple of pictures of them on the front porch. So cute, huh?






Look at her hand on Jackson's leg. That is so sweet!

Okay, if you haven't seen this video, you must. My dad sent me the link. It's hilarious. I sent it to most of you, and I guess I shouldn't be making fun of a crackhead, but oh, well, here goes. Check THIS out!

Until next time...
(I'm going back to YouTube to listen to more music!)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails