********************
We had our Stafford Drive progressive dinner Christmas party last Saturday night. We had a nice time. Appetizers were at our house. It nearly killed me getting this house in shape to have nearly 20 people in it at one time. I think I cleaned for a month. But now I can let everything go to the crapper again. Ahhhh....
*******************
Here are some random decorating photos. I went with the burlap kind of look this year because burlap is so cheap! I probably overdid it, but oh, well, too late now to worry about that. I was going to have Merry Christmas strung around the bar but then figured out it was going to be way too long, so it ended up just being Merry & Bright. :)
Here are some random decorating photos. I went with the burlap kind of look this year because burlap is so cheap! I probably overdid it, but oh, well, too late now to worry about that. I was going to have Merry Christmas strung around the bar but then figured out it was going to be way too long, so it ended up just being Merry & Bright. :)
I even wrapped my poinsettias in burlap. Out of control.
****************
I took some random pictures of Jackson in front of the tree with the little elves I got from Mary Jo last year. I just got him this hat and I LOVE hats on him, so had to snap some pics. I know one day he won't wear anything I buy him, so I've got to savor the moment.
********************
Buster had his ACL surgery on Monday. Jackson and I got up way early so that we could get him there by 7:00 and I could talk to our vet before it all went down. I felt a bit more comfortable after talking with him, so the surgery proceeded as planned. Tom came in from work early and went and picked Buster up around 5:30.
He is in a wrap called a Robert Johnson that goes from the top of his leg down to right above his toes. And it is TIGHT. Dr. Fenwick wanted to make sure we kept an eye on it in case it was too tight. It was a hard night last night for him. I slept on the couch and he slept in the floor on his dog bed beside me. He cried and whined a lot through the night. I was convinced it was due to that tight tape at the top of his wrap that was cutting into his stomach when he would lay down. I think he rested a couple of hours, probably.
It is really sad to me because I think it just reminds me that he's getting old and that he's not a puppy anymore and there will be more and more problems with him until someday we will probably have to make that gut-wrenching decision nobody wants to make for their pet. But I am trying to not think such horrible things right now. I am pretty much a wreck now. I can't imagine how I'll be when it comes to that!
Anyway, I took him back to the vet's office this morning and had them look at his toes and that crazy tight wrap. They loosened it up and wanted to watch him for a few hours. So I picked him up after I got Jackson from school. And amazingly, he hasn't made a peep all afternoon. So I guess I was right; it was that tape that had been hurting him! Anyway, it will be a slow recovery, but I hope he's back to his old self soon.
I can't wait for Jackson to see this MESSAGE that Santa has sent him all the way from the North Pole! As soon as he gets up from his nap, I'll show him. It is amazing! If you've got small children, you have got to do this for them! So cute!















No comments:
Post a Comment