Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving and giving thanks!

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving in Missouri and did the obligatory eating too much thing, yada, yada. I took work home and ended up working most of the time I was there, but it was totally due to a mistake I made. I am just not thinking right these days!


While we were home, we went to the Festival of Lights that's in Blytheville, Arkansas. That is our second traditional visit and Jackson always loves it! There was a Santa there too. So that was the second Santa Jackson had visited this year. Jackson told him he wanted a light-up scooter. I must get right on that! :)


We came back to Nashville on Monday and Tom had been working on the hallway most of the weekend. We were in separate cars at Thanksgiving, so he came back early to get this hallway done. He did such a great job on it! He said it was pretty hard work too. It really makes such a difference when you come in the front door. I have been wanting this done since we moved in almost three years ago...and FINALLY it's done, except I have to paint it now. Ugh! THANK YOU TOM!


Once I paint it, I'll post an "after" picture. But it already makes a huge difference I think!


Mom made Jackson this really cute scarf! I saw some t-shirt scarves in Uncommon Goods last week and I really liked the idea of them, so mom practiced on me and Jackson. I got one too, but mine's a little different. He really likes to wear it and it looks so cute on him. He is really proud of it! THANK YOU, MOM! It appears like something maybe I could do if I ever find the time. I might have to pull out my sewing machine and learn how to thread a bobbin (sp). Ugh!

Then when we got back home we ran out to the BassPro store because that Santa was taking free pictures. When this Santa asked Jackson what he wanted for Christmas, Jackson told him, "Whatever." Now, sadly that is a sign of a child who has too much. This was going to be the picture for our Christmas card, but it kind of looks like Tom grew antlers and I don't have the time or energy to Photoshop that out.


Jackson "helped" Dad string his outdoor lights. He really loves to be a helper!

And then we were going to use this one from the Festival of Lights, but that backdrop of black sheets and string of tinsel just wasn't what I wanted either. I ordered our cards last night and I ended up just going with a picture of the three of us, pretty simple. I just don't have the time to mess with making my own digital scrapbooking card this year, so I ordered through Shutterfly. I hope they turn out okay, because when I went back to double-check them after I placed the order, it had Tom's head completely cut off. And I KNOW I didn't do it that way. I'm not sure what happened there. But I'm hoping they're ordered right and I can get them sent out SOON!

I have been so busy Christma-tizing our house and now I need to start priming our hallway. Have a great day!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails