Where do I begin? This has truly been a hell-ish week for me. It started out so great, too! In a nutshell, Wednesday morning at 2:00 a.m. Jackson started crying and complaining of a sore throat and an earache. I rocked him for a while and that seemed to be the only time he was able to sleep. So needless to say, we were all up from about 2:00 on.
Tom got up and got ready for work and let the dogs out. While they were out, he noticed Buster standing in the middle of the yard with his back left leg raised up and he wouldn't move. He finally hobbled inside and laid n his bed.
So Tom took Jackson to the doctor around 8:30 or so, I guess. Jackson has an ear infection and is on antibiotics. He's fine. He says his throat doesn't hurt him anymore. Great! One down, one to go.
Then once Tom comes in, changes clothes, he's on his way to take Buster to the vet. It appears Buster has torn his ACL joint/cuff, whatever it is. Our vet suggested he have surgery. So Monday morning, he's scheduled to have surgery to the tune of $1,200. MERRY CHRISTMAS TO US! I am so worried about him and I just want him better!
My house is a wreck and we have a neighborhood progressive dinner thing Saturday night. We're looking forward to it, but there are still toilets to clean, floors to sweep, et cetera. It will come together, I know.
Jackson was in his first Christmas program on Tuesday. All of the four-year-old classes at Tulip Grove went to a retirement home and sang. Jackson told me a few days before the program: "We sure are going to make those old people happy!" And he's right, they really enjoyed seeing all the little kids! Tom was in the area working, so he was able to go watch it too, which I'm sure made Jackson very happy to see his daddy in the crowd!
Tom got up and got ready for work and let the dogs out. While they were out, he noticed Buster standing in the middle of the yard with his back left leg raised up and he wouldn't move. He finally hobbled inside and laid n his bed.
So Tom took Jackson to the doctor around 8:30 or so, I guess. Jackson has an ear infection and is on antibiotics. He's fine. He says his throat doesn't hurt him anymore. Great! One down, one to go.
Then once Tom comes in, changes clothes, he's on his way to take Buster to the vet. It appears Buster has torn his ACL joint/cuff, whatever it is. Our vet suggested he have surgery. So Monday morning, he's scheduled to have surgery to the tune of $1,200. MERRY CHRISTMAS TO US! I am so worried about him and I just want him better!
My house is a wreck and we have a neighborhood progressive dinner thing Saturday night. We're looking forward to it, but there are still toilets to clean, floors to sweep, et cetera. It will come together, I know.
Jackson was in his first Christmas program on Tuesday. All of the four-year-old classes at Tulip Grove went to a retirement home and sang. Jackson told me a few days before the program: "We sure are going to make those old people happy!" And he's right, they really enjoyed seeing all the little kids! Tom was in the area working, so he was able to go watch it too, which I'm sure made Jackson very happy to see his daddy in the crowd!
Here are some of the pictures I took from the program. That other little boy is Giles, Jackson's best little guy friend, not that the look on his face in this first picture portrays that!





And here is the video that Tom took of the show. It takes a little while for the "action" to begin, but once it does, it's pretty cute! There's a point in Jingle Bells, I think, where Jackson is really quiet in the beginning and then when it comes to "Oooooh, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells..." he really belts it out. So much so that the little girl in front of him has to turn around and give him a "are you some kind of freak?" look. He's unaffected by this. :)
Last Sunday, I think it was, we put this gingerbread train together. I don't think I'll be doing hat again any time soon! It's not something someone with perfectionist tendencies will have fun doing, TRUST ME! I wanted to toss it out the back door several times. I have no idea how they expect people to run a thin line of icing with those crappy plastic bags that rip that they provide and with NO icing tips! Anyway, Jackson really liked putting the candy on!
I guess I need to get back to cleaning those toilets. They're not going to clean themselves, you know. If only!
















No comments:
Post a Comment