Friday, December 18, 2009

Seven Days Until Christmas? Oh, Barnacles!

I had such lofty crafty ideas for this Christmas. And in true "me" fashion, I bought all the supplies to make all of my homemade gifts and crafts. I have everything I could need to carry out these tasks...and I haven't made a single one. I have tried to make the felt ornaments that I had seen on another BLOG, but I can't get past cutting the template out. I just am frozen. I cannot concentrate right now. I have no oomph to do anything.

I have worried about Buster so much and then worried about having everything bought before Christmas and then worried that I can't get my calendars made (which I haven't because my computer is a piece of crap) and then worried and worried and worried. It's what I do. I wish I wasn't so good at it. :(

Anyway, all that being said, none of you will be getting anything cute and homemade from me this year. Maybe I can start on my felt ornaments in January 2010 and end up with a few that I'm happy with by December 2010. But I doubt it!!

Jackson's Christmas party at school was yesterday and they had such a great time! These hats served a dual purpose. They were the treat bags and then also elf hats! Isn't that clever? I'll have to remember that!

Giles and Jackson

My sweet elf!
Giles

Lily

My sweet boy!
Jackson and Giles having a blast!

Their decorated room!
******************
We went on Wednesday to Amy's parents' house to watch Polar Express in 3D! I think the glasses bothered Jackson because he had rid himself of them early on and was watching the movie without them!

Addy and Sadie

Drew and Jackson

*********************
I took Buster back to the vet on Thursday and they too this bandage off. They said his toes were swollen and it would be better if it was off. Not better for me having to look at that Frankenstein stitched leg! The stitches go from the top of his hip down towards the foot for about ten inches or so. I'm not good with measurements and I didn't want to post the gory picture on here, but it's LOOOOOOONG. Makes me want to puke looking at it. He is still not trying to use the leg when he goes outside at all and his toes still turn under. Very disturbing.
*******************
*****************
Jackson and Tom just left for Indiana to celebrate Christmas with that side of the family. Jackson cried when he left and so did I. I really hate being away from him for even a second, much less a whole weekend. And I've been so emotional here lately, I'll probably cry all weekend! Wow, the house is quiet. Really quiet! I hope he has a great Christmas there! He's really looking forward to it, I know. I am so thankful for Jackson and I can't wait to celebrate our fourth Christmas with him! Pray for me get through this weekend without going crazy from missing him! :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails