Sunday, August 10, 2008

On Friday night, Tom wanted to camp out in the backyard with Jackson. I told him that Jackson would never do it, that he would never make it all night long back there. And I was right. When they first went out there, Jackson said it was too dark. Uh, yeah, that's the whole idea, son, it's dark when you're camping in a tent. Then he wanted me to leave the outside light on. So I kind of knew it would be a short camping trip.

I went to bed around 10:00 or so, and as I was winding down, almost dozing off, I could hear Jackson crying in the backyard. So I got up, and by the time I got to the tent, Tom was unzipping it and they were coming in for the night. Tom said that all of the bugs were too loud for Jackson. Then he'd hear a motorcycle on the interstate and say, "You hear that?" And Tom would have to tell him what it was. The final straw was Jackson, about an inch from Tom's face, screaming "Popcorn, popcorn, popcorn."

I think the look on Jackson's face in these pictures is pretty telling. He has a look of terror. He's not a big fan of this camping thing yet.

I'M REALLY GOING TO SLEEP OUT HERE?

OH, YEAH, THIS IS THE LIFE. CAN'T WE BOND ELSEWHERE, DADDY?

OKAY, SO I LIKE BEING IN THE TENT, BUT NOT AT NIGHT!

YOU HEAR THAT?????

Then today, Sunday, some friends from Indiana came out to swim and then we grilled out and watched the boys play. Jackson was in heaven having three boys pretty close to his age to play with. They all got along great. We blew up the bouncy and just let them all go wild. It was great to see them!

JACKSON HAS SOME JEEP TROUBLE!


ZACH


NOAH

AIDEN

Okay. I'm tired. I'm hitting the hay.

Until next time...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails