Sunday, August 1, 2010

Right As "Rain"

I finally finished painting our bathroom today. I would have been done sooner, but I would have to have a day in between to recover from the previous day of climbing up and down a little ladder. I am getting old and rickety.

Anyway, I was having trouble finding a blue that I liked that wasn't too little boy blue and thankfully Neighbor Amy had painted her office in a really pretty shade of blue so I was able to actually plant my eyes on the color before I started painting. It's a great blue! It's Sherwin Williams "Rain." The pictures below aren't exactly true to color, but they're close.

Ooooooh, aaaaaaaah



Don't look too closely, because my cut-in job wasn't the best I've ever done. I couldn't see where the wall ended and the ceiling started! Did I mention I was getting old?


More ooooooh, aaaaaaah...




I've been trying to figure out what to do with the glass doors of our medicine cabinet because it is so ugly to be able to see our pharmacy inside! I saw some fabric at JoAnn's and thought that might be the ticket...



I'm still not 100 percent sold on this. I think the fabric is cute and all, but a solid might suit me better. I'll leave it for the time being and see if it grows on me.



Now, if only I can talk Tom into making this shelf for me to hang decorative towels from. I thought we had all the materials in the garage, but I guess it is a bigger job than just wood gluing some boards together and painting. The LETTERED COTTAGE BLOG has some before-and-afters of this lady's bathroom redo, and it is unreal. I hope I can get a shelf like this in the near future...very near future!



******************



We went to The Loveless on Saturday morning for breakfast, and believe it or not, there was no wait! Unbelievable for that place. We didn't see any celebrities, just Zach Wamp, who is running for governor. No big thrill there. I certainly didn't whip my camera out.







***********************
I saw this project on one of my blogs and now I want one up in the bonus room! Maybe if I just found letters for Jackson's name. I'm still unsure what I'll do, but how cute is this?


I can't remember whose blog this was on or I would definitely give them some blog-to-blog love. It is AMAZING!


*******************
Jackson told me last week that he is collecting money and empty toilet paper rolls. I would say it's good to collect money, but unless he's planning on being super crafty as an adult, the cardboard toilet paper rolly things are just a waste of time. But there's no telling him that. He has been hoarding them like a rat underneath his sink! ;)

5 comments:

Tonya said...

That's TOO funny about Jackson collecting the toilet paper rolls!! I'm sure he has BIG plans! :)

Love the bathroom color! I'm liking the medicine cabinet too!! Great job on the bathroom!!

Sabrina said...

I'm still trying to decide if I like that cabinet, but it's growing on me. I'm still not done with the whole bathroom. Once I hang stuff, I'll post an update!

Tonya said...

Can't wait to see it completed!! BTW. . . that is an ADORABLE pic of Jackson! And I SOOOOOOO love those letters of the alphabet!! I wish you could remember what site you seen that on. :)

House of Sawyer said...

love the blue! and love the abc's as well. you could buy a similar shelf at Hobby Lobby and paint it white and sand it to age it or use crackle paint. Cute ideas!

Sabrina said...

Yeah, Lesley, I've been looking on Craigslist for a shelf we can modify somehow so we won't have to build it from scratch! Hope I get lucky and find something!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails