This week's challenge theme over at I Heart Faces is photojournalism. And while I rarely take anything that I would consider in that category, this one came to mind immediately. Jackson, my son, won a fish at our county fair two weeks ago. He was over the moon excited! He named him NEMO. Yes, I know, very imaginative and creative, but nevertheless, that's what he wanted to call him. He and his daddy went and got all the essentials for a little goldfish, the bowl, food and a Spongebob and Patrick figurine, of course. Jackson said winning that goldfish was something he had wanted his whole life (of four years). Anyway, four days later, NEMO is floating on his side, obviously lifeless. This crushed my son! He cried for several hours. I took this picture while he was lamenting on how much he loved the fish and that the fish surely loved him as much.
Check out the other entries here:















2 comments:
oh my goodness - just makes you want to reach through the screen and hug him! my 4-year old can wax emotional over treasured things too!
great submission!
aaawww, he looks so sad! Makes me wanna hug him!
Post a Comment