Thursday, August 19, 2010

It's Fair Time!

Since I didn't get to go to the fair last weekend because I was in Texas, we went yesterday. And it was hot! Mom was in town so she was able to go and experience it through Jackson's eyes, although she nearly had a stroke from the heat. It did cool down a bit later and became somewhat bearable.
Jackson with Doodles the Clown. Jackson is a brave little boy, because I wouldn't have gotten within two feet of a clown, especially Doodles! He was creepy!
This was one of the happiest moments of Jackson's life! He won a goldfish all by himself! I took this picture right after he sunk the ball in the little bowl! He kept repeating, "I can't believe I won a fish" all the way home. So now we have a goldfish to take care of. And in true Jackson fashion, he picked the most predictable name for it. Nemo. This is the same kid who named his blankie Blankie and a little red microfiber square he sleeps with Red Thing.
Here he is with Nemo!
Close-up of Nemo

Mom and Jackson posing for a pic!
Jackson loved shucking corn. You just dropped an ear of corn down this chute and cranked the arm and it would shuck the corn! I imagine there were limbs lost back in the day in a contraption like this.
Our friend Mary Lynn paid for Tom to ride the mechanical bull. I think he lasted about 10 seconds before his "dismount." He was gripping so tight with his legs that it burned the hair off!
I entered several pictures into the photography competition of the fair and was lucky enough to get third place on two of them. I was pretty surprised. I really felt confident on one that I entered, that it would at least place, and it didn't get anything! So not sure what criteria the judges use, but I'll take my third place ribbons!
Dad and Sherry's dog Lilly

And then this one, which I've always loved of Jack, won third in the children's division.
*************************

Me and Mat Kearney!

I went to Texas last weekend to visit my friend Cathy and to see Mat Kearney (above) in concert at The Mucky Duck! He put on a great show!
Me and Cathy

Cathy and I had a great visit, plus we were able to pick up some bunk beds for her twin boys! They are going to get a surfer themed room and it's going to be so cute! I can't wait to see the final "after" pictures!
******************************
I took a job on Friday. I was a little apprehensive about it, but once it started, I felt like I had never left the field. Thankfully I've been practicing a lot throughout the summer, otherwise I would have failed miserably! I guess I'm ready to jump back into this crazy profession since Jackson will be starting school in another week. It makes me sad to think that this is the end of a chapter of our lives, but I am so grateful that I've been able to be home with him for his first five years. I feel fortunate and blessed to have had this time with him. :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails