So it's a Spongebob birthday party for Jackson's fifth birthday. Unbelievable. He'll be turning five on September 10! He has always loved Spongebob, so that was his choice for his party. I know some parents think Spongebob is no good for kids to watch, but I'm not one of them. I think it's hilarious and Jackson does too. I'm pretty sure he already has my sense of humor and sarcasm. :)
So this is the invitation I came up with. I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out, I guess. Coming soon to a mailbox near you...that is if you're immediate family or close friends!

Jackson has strep throat! He had a high fever of 105 on Monday and I was able to get him into the doctor in the afternoon. Before we left, I put him in a lukewarm bath and tried to get his temperature to come down. He hated that. He was a really sick little boy. They worked him over at the doctor's office and his strep test came back positive.
So now he's on antibiotics for ten days...AGAIN! Hopefully he'll feel like his old self soon. I've been up with him multiple times the past two nights because his throat hurts or he just can't sleep. And I know since I have an out-of-town girl trip planned next weekend that I'm going to come down with it. It's just inevitable. Murphy's Law.
********************
Here are some random things. This is called a S'mores Cake. It looks unbelievable...unbelievably dangerous. I don't think I could ever bring myself to make this because I know my willpower is nil. But if anyone who's reading this makes it, let me know how it turns out and I can enjoy it vicariously through you! You can find the recipe here:
And hopefully we'll be getting one of these soon for Jackson! And yes, I always want the things I see on my favorite blogs! They somehow trick me into thinking I can DIY too, and I'm just too anal to be a good DIYer. But thankfully, I'm married to Tom who is a DIYer. I hope we have at least one old tree in the backyard that can hold a couple of kids in a tire swing...that, or good liability insurance. You could check out the tire swing tutorial here:
(what has swiftly become my favorite new blog)
And for some reason I am in love with these little fabric banners and I have convinced myself that maybe I can make one for Jackson's room that has all of his room colors in it. The rational side of me is saying to just buy this one off of Etsy and be done with it. And that's probably what I'll do. It's only $15 for crying out loud. Check it out here:
















No comments:
Post a Comment