Jackson's Aunt Glendora bought him "The Elf on the Shelf" and gave it to him when we saw her over Thanksgiving. Mom read him the book and he seemed to be scared of that little elf, which I can understand a little. I don't like creepy little dolls that you can imagine coming to life as evil little beings scurrying around in the darkness. Remember Chuckie? Anyway, I hope that he warms up to it. He's supposed to give it a name and so far all he's come up with is "Elf." Not the most creative name, but I guess it's the name he wants it to have. This will be a fun tradition, so thank you Aunt Glendora! You can click on the picture above and it will take you straight to the Web site and it explains it. Very fun!


I read the book to Jackson tonight and after we finished, we whispered things to the elf that Jackson wants from Santa Claus for Christmas. So far he wants a race track, bumble bee and worms. Don't ask me, I was just helping him convey his wishes to "Elf." I sat "Elf" on the mantle, but after Jackson goes to bed or before he gets up in the morning I have to relocate him so it will appear that he went to the North Pole to talk to Santa and returned. Let's see if I can keep this up for, what, 20 more nights? 
Here's our Christmas tree. It looks kind of sad with no presents underneath, huh? That will soon change, hopefully. I did manage to get some shopping done today. The next thing will be to get our Christmas cards printed and mailed out. Here's our card for 2008. Coming soon to mailbox near you!

HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND, EVERYONE!















No comments:
Post a Comment