Wednesday, November 19, 2008

A Little Shopping!

*** Ignore the lack of blog header and format changes. I'm trying to change some things up and haven't been able to finish it yet! ***

After I took Jackson to school on Tuesday, I decided to go to Opry Mills and spend some time and a little money. I've been consistently busy here lately, so I figured I could let go of some my earnings. Jackson needed a new pair of jeans and I could use a sweater or two! I didn't find anything for myself, but I got Tom two fleeces and Jackson a pair of jeans, a snowman sweater, pajamas, and the hat featured in the below pictures. Now he was two hats for the winter. This one keeps his head pretty cozy too, because if he's in the Jeep he wants to take it off because it's "too hot." I definitely love him in a hat.





Jackson and I went to Target this morning to buy some little presents for Franklin Graham's project Samaritan's Purse. The church where Jackson attends preschool is a drop-off place and so I was able to get a box from there. This was a good way to teach Jackson a valuable lesson. I told him that there was a little boy his same age somewhere in the world who didn't have much of anything, whereas he (Jackson) had so much, so we were going to buy him some things so he would have a happy Christmas.

The first thing Jackson wanted to know was the boy's name. Then he wanted to go to the boy's house. I derailed his questions for a while, so we continued onward to Target. Jackson wanted the little unknown boy to have some "CARS" themed cars, so we bought a package that had Lightning McQueen, King and another car character I didn't know. Then we bought a Slinky, a drawing pad with a package of Crayons, some Goldfish, a storybook of Lifesavers, a really soft teddy bear, and some flannel pajamas. Sadly, the pajamas just woudn't fit in the box, so we'll be keeping those. And that's probably what the little boy needs the most! But there's just no room.

I was and am so proud of Jackson. He was so selfless in picking out the things to buy for this little boy he didn't even know. I told him that if this little boy lived closer he would for sure be his friend.

Anyway, after we bought everything, then Jackson thought we were going to take it personally to the little unknown boy. And I told him, "Jackson, that little boy is far, far, far away. It's too far to drive. We'd have to get on a plane and fly overseas and around the world." And Jackson said, "I want to get on a plane with you, Momma," as he was sobbing. Thank you, Mr. Graham.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails