Well, we are settled back home after vacation. It was a long trip home, but we are glad to be back. I really wish Jackson had liked the ocean better, but all in all, it was a great vacation. The weather could not have been better. Back to life as usual, I guess!
Tom has started preparing the backyard for Jackson's playset that still has to be put together. The backyard has to be leveled a bit, and it has been a big job for him. At first he rented a tiller, thinking that would loosen the ground enough to push it around and make it level. But that was slow-going. So yesterday he rented a digger, as Jackson says, and he's been working with that, which is going faster because it has two scoops on it. Jackson thinks it is really cool having a digger in his very own backyard!
Our neighbors came over last night to grill out and let the kids play. I am noticing more and more how aggressive Jackson is with other kids. He likes to wrestle and roll around on top of people, but not everyone is a big fan of that. He was shoving Sadie around inside the bouncy house. I don't worry about her, because when she gets a bellyful, she'll hold her own, I'm sure of it, and he'll wish he hadn't messed with her.
The pool in our community opened this weekend, but I'm sure the water is too cold to swim yet. Every day, as soon as Jackson opens his eyes, he's saying, "Outside, outside." So I'm going to have to come up with stuff for us to do outside! I hope his playset gets put together soon!
Until next time...















No comments:
Post a Comment