Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Best Snow in Seven Years!

We got the biggest snow we've had in seven years last weekend, and let me tell you, we took advantage of it and played ALL weekend! Jackson went sledding several times on Saturday and Sunday. He was loving it! He never complained about being cold or anything. Tom had bought him a blue plastic sled to use. There is a park around the corner that has a little hill that they went sledding on, and then on Saturday the neighbors were sledding down a street close to our house in kayaks. And those things would go so fast down that street! I didn't let Jackson sled in the kayaks, so he just stuck to his sled and had a ball!

He had several layers of clothes on and looked like an old pro!

Seriously, how often do I catch smiles like this? He was one happy boy!

Daddy and Jackson flying down the hill!

Jackson always closed his eyes because the he said rain would get in his eyes! I guess it was just the snow and ice spraying in his face.

This is one of my favorite pictures of all weekend. I seriously probably took 200 or more just this weekend. That's nuts! But really, it's Jackson's first time to REALLY go sledding. I think he and Tom rode a sled down our little side yard last year, but nothing like what they did this year.

And yes, that's me. After careful consideration, I decided to try it! Next year I might not be able to get my fat butt up on a sled, so this year was the year! I think we both screamed the whole way down!

I have LOTS more pictures from this weekend, but I thought I would split it up in different posts. So maybe Friday or Monday I'll have more from the weekend.

This is the second week that Tom has been out of town, and Jackson and I are encroaching on too much "together" time. He is talking back to me and mocking what I say, et cetera. I am so tired of saying the name "Jackson" and hearing the word "Momma." I know it's just because we've been kind of housebound too long, because his school was called off yesterday and the roads were pretty stinky until yesterday.

Anyway, here is a little video that makes me stop and really appreciate Jackson and reminds me that this time I have with him is fleeting. Not that I don't know that, because I do, and I feel like I am pretty good at living in the moment with him. But this author talks about the ordinary days that are spent with your children. It's a little long, but well worth it. Just watch it. You won't be sorry!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails