Tuesday, February 16, 2010

More Snow! UGH!

We are getting MORE snow! Will it ever end? It is really pretty, but I'm over it. Jackson was supposed to go to school today, but I still don't trust the roads, so I kept him home. I do NOT like driving in this mess.

Mom came in this past weekend because Tom and I had made plans with some friends to go see Edwin McCain at 3rd & Lindsley. And as always, it was an awesome show! I have seen him LOTS of times and he never lets me down. :)


I am trying really hard to ignore that the Cayamo cruise (with Edwin on it) will be leaving Miami in a few weeks WITHOUT me! The lineup is really unbelievable this year. I am vowing not to let Cayamo 2011 leave port without ME! Now I have to start saving my money and hoping that the lineup next year is even HALF as good as this year!


This is the Valentine's card that I made for Jackson's grandparents and then resized for him to hand out to all of his little friends at school. I really like how it turned out and now I'm already thinking of what I can do for his birthday invitations...which isn't until September!


Front of card


Inside of card

I put this together yesterday in keeping with hoping to have enough pages done at the end of the year to do a 2010 Book. We'll see...

Jackson had his heart set on the Valentine Dalmation build-a-bear, and so me, Tom and Mom took him to Opry Mills on Saturday to buy it. The place was CROWDED! Not sure where everyone came from. Yes, I know it was Valentine's Day weekend, but I was really surprised. Anyway, Jackson was so excited to get the Dalmation "with a heart on his eye," so I asked the lady where I could find one in the store, and she said they were sold out. SOLD OUT? It's your Valentine's product. Are you kidding me? Valentine's Day was the next day, Sunday. If you can't get enough of these things in stock, then stop running your commercial...pronto! Jackson had seen the commercial just that morning and even told me I needed to go to "buildabear.com" to look at this dog! :(


I told him that I would look really hard to find a Dalmation for him. Thankfully, Tom and I went to Wal-Mart and found a little white dog with hearts all over it. It was like $5, so we saved BIG TIME there. I wasn't sure he would like it, though, since he had his heart set on the Build-A-Bear one. But he loves it! He's slept with it every night since we gave it to him! Whew. That could have gone either way. ;)


Here are pictures from Jackson's Valentine's tea. The boys could dress as kings, princes, knights or just shirt and tie. You can see what Jackson went with.


Jackson and Ms. Peggy

Here is the whole class!




My sharp-dressed man!



I had to throw this box together pretty last minute because I didn't get the memo that they needed a decorated Valentine's box! Thankfully, Ms. Peggy sent out an e-mail the day before as a reminder!

Papaw and Mamaw were in last weekend. Jackson had a great time with them. As always, I think he wore Papaw out! We had a really nice visit!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails