Monday, January 19, 2009

Movie Day!

Tom and I took Jackson to the movies on Sunday to see Hotel for Dogs. I can count on one hand the number of times Jackson has been to see a movie in the theater. As a matter of fact, now I think it is four times. The reason being, the audio is always SO loud and he just can't stand it. So on Sunday we put cotton balls in each both of his ears with a headband thing over his head to hold them in there. It seemed to work, but he took it off midway through the film because he said his ears were itching and sweaty.

The film was rated PG and it was more for tweeners, but it kept Jackson's attention for about an hour. After that, he was getting sleepy and ended up laying on me and falling asleep. Tom and I had already invested quite a bit of time in this movie and were fairly engrossed, so we waited to see the ridiculously predictable ending ;)

Yesterda Jackson told me he loved me and I asked him why, and he thought for a minute and said, "Because you take me to eat at McDonald's and Chik-Fil-A when I'm hungry!" Just meeting his basic needs seems to be all it takes for him.

Speaking of basic needs, his thing now is to go sit on the pot and "work." He has a Hot Wheels laptop in the bathroom that Grandma and Grandpa Hart got him for his birthday. So this morning he goes in there and grabs his laptop, tells me to turn the fan on, and says, "I've got a lot of work to do," and proceeds to sit on the toilet and "work" on his computer. As I'm sitting in the living room, I can hear all kinds of bells and beeps and noises coming from all the working he was doing;)
I have a vision of him when he's a middle-aged man, sitting on the toilet with his coffee on the sink, a laptop on his lap and work papers all in front of him on the floor. Maybe this is a habit I should try to break now, huh?

Here he is in his "office" working away:

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails