Today is Mom's birthday, but she's not celebrating it, unless you call being shut inside a house with no electricity and trees coming down all around you a party. An ice storm rolled in on Tuesday and knocked out the electricity, and FEMA has declared the area in a state of emergency. Friends of mine on Facebook have heard that it could take four weeks to restore power. Mom has described her front yard as looking like a "war zone." And a couple of my friends on Facebook who are local have heard the same thing said. Telephone lines are down across streets and poles cracked in half because of the weight. Old mature trees are being pulled down by all the weight of the ice. I am really worried about her and my dad and stepmom and my sister-in-law. Please pray for that part of the country.
Jackson and I were going to go to Missouri this weekend, but now we're staying put. I'm trying to talk Mom into coming here for the weekend, but she's reluctant to leave her house because there are some huge limbs that have fallen in her front yard and she's afraid they will crash through her front bay window, leaving the house open and exposed. But she can't stay in that cold house with no heat for much longer. Here are some pictures that a friend of mine, Susan Pinkerton, took of the area:


*********************
My old and dear friend Marti got married yesterday to her longtime beau Andy. I am really happy for her. She deserves happiness! I guess everybody deserves happiness, but her time had come for sure. Andy seems like a great guy from the two times I was around him. I just wanted to say congratulations to both of them! Love you, girl!

Have a great superbowl weekend, everyone!
















No comments:
Post a Comment