Sunday, January 18, 2009

I Missed You


This post has to do with some things Jackson has been saying of late. These pictures are from our wedding, of course, in September of 2000. But I have a huge picture of me from this day that's hanging in our bedroom. And one night after Jackson and I had read some books in my bed, this was our conversation:

Jackson: "Where is that?"
Me: "That's the day Daddy and I got married. It's in a garden."
Jackson: "What you were doing there?" (He transposes lots of words!)
Me: "Daddy and I got married on that day and I had my picture taken there."
Jackson: "Where was I?"
Me: "I didn't know you. You weren't here with us yet."

Then I noticed that he'd gotten quiet, and I looked over and there were huge tears in his eyes but he was holding them back. But then I asked:

"What's wrong? Why are you upset?"

And then he just started crying pretty hard and he said -- grab a tissue -- "I missed you."

Seriously, isn't that sweet? He really is quite a sensitive little boy. But the other day he asked me about it again and I changed my answer up a little bit. When he asked where he was, I said, "You were in my heart." And he thought for a minute and he said, "I wanted out."

This is Ben Jordan, a friend who married us.
I can't believe how young we looked. And I want to know what happened to my cheek bones and my nice small shoulders! I guess they just sunk into the body that has now taken me over!

I have turned these pictures black and white and I've done a little coloring on some of them because I want to make a collage for our bedroom. I think it would be nice for Jackson to see us back then, plus he does seem to have some interest in it. More importantly, we don't have squat on our walls and they need SOMETHING! Have a great week!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails