






Well, Jackson's first day of Mother's Day Out was a success! He really seemed to like it. He did decide before we left the house that he wanted to take Charlie, which is a stuffed bear that his Aunt Glendy gave him. It's soft, and he likes to sleep with it. So I let him take it so he'd have it for his quiet time.
I wasn't sure how he'd be when I left him there, although I thought he'd be just fine. And sure enough, I was able to walk him into his classroom, drop off his lunch box and backpack, get a quick hug and kiss from him and walk out without incident! He is such a big boy. But I've been preparing him for weeks about what would happen, and it seems he was listening!
As I left the school, I started to get a little upset. I didn't cry, but I did get a little misty! I really didn't want to share him with anybody. It just seemed weird to me that for three years I've been totally responsible for him and with him pretty much 24/7 and now I'm just turning him over to strangers! I had some work to do, so I went home. While I was working, I had some heart-racing episodes, like mini panic attacks, because I wanted to check up on him but knew I couldn't, really. Anyway, the good news is we BOTH made it through the day!
When I went to pick him up at 2:00, I peeked into the room and it was dark, all the kids were on their little nap mats on the floor. Most of the kids were still, some were asleep, and then I spotted Jackson on his nap mat, flipping his legs from side to side trying to keep himself awake! He was happy to see me and gave me a big hug! Just what I needed!
He woke up this morning saying he wanted to go to school, so I guess he had a pretty good experience!
It's rainy here today, so it's going to be a pretty low-key day for us. I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Until next time...















No comments:
Post a Comment