Saturday, November 20, 2010

Soccer 2010 and Other Ramblings

Jackson does not like to color in the lines. Yes, he's a rebel.
New picture of Jackson

A little bit of what's going on with him. He has learned about 20 sight words. His teacher sent home a list of words that need to be memorized because the majority can't be sounded out, so I made some flash cards. He gets upset and whiny when he can't immediately think of the word when I show it to him. I think he thinks everything is a race and if he doesn't come up with it fast enough, then he loses. But he has done just great memorizing them. He is already ready to me from some pages of the old Dick and Sally book! I'll have to take a video of him doing that sometime. Crazy!

Soccer is over for 2010. This is a sport that Jackson has really improved at. He really loved going to practice and playing in the games. The first season, he was a little freaked out by it and didn't like it when kids would come steal the ball away from him, but this fall season, he really "got" it and became quite the defensive player!

Yes, he still had his meltdowns occasionally and yes, he did score in the opponent's goal once...maybe twice, not sure. I am so glad he loved it and we'll definitely be playing again next year! He had the best coaches too. Those guys are really good with kids and Jackson learned so much!

Rainbows are one of Jackson's favorite things, although he says he's never seen one "for real."


This is a picture of me and Jackson under a rainbow, of course. I love his heart. I suppose I'm the one with hair...or are those horns?

This one is not very clear, but it's supposedly a picture of Daddy and Jackson. I think Daddy is the first person with the huge melon head. Not sure the significance of that.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails