Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Yes, That Is Poo -- I Mean Scat!

We go to the nature center at Long Hunter park every Monday for their class, and before the class, I always look on the calendar to see what Jackson will learn that day. So I looked on the calendar last Monday and it said "Scat Tells A Story," and since I had not yet discovered what scat was, that sounded to me like there would be a puppet or something named Scat who would tell the kids a story. Boy, was I wrong!

When we got there, I learned that scat is wildlife feces, and we were going to learn what kind of scat each animal leaves behind and what we can learn from it. What we can learn from it? I really don't care to know that a bear ate a lot of berries before he poo'd or that a fox needs more fiber in his diet. But anyway, I went with the flow.


There were poo crafts, like the teacher had made her own homemade poo for the kids to play with. It had the consistency of Play-Doh. Sadie went with us on this day, and she was kind of looking forward to doing a craft. But when it turns out that her craft was going to be drawing an animal and then forming the poo to go along with that particular animal, she was a little deflated. She looked at me and said, "Is this our craft?" And I answered sadly, yes, I'm afraid so.


Anyway, all that being said, it made for some cute pictures! So here are a few!


This is what Jackson and Giles do whenever they get around each other!



This is a plate of "poo" that is really candy bars and Raisenets, et cetera, and Giles wanted a snack.
But from the look on Jackson's face, no one told him that it wasn't real poo!



Sadie getting grossed out from the Poo-Doh!
****************
I decided it was high time that Jackson start having a few responsibilities, since he's four and all, and because I get tired of him leaving the toilet seat up and not flushing and not putting his own clothes on or picking his toys up! So this chart is really motivating him! He LOVES LOVES stickers, so he gets one for each chore he accomplishes in the day, and at the end of the week, he'll get a surprise! He is having a lot of fun with it and it's only Day 1!

Jackson is proud of himself! He now has all but one sticker for today, and that's the tidy up one, which he'll do before bed!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails