Monday, October 19, 2009

Pumpkin Patch 2009



We visited the pumpkin patch on Saturday, and it was coooooold! And I knew it would be muddy, so we stopped by Target and got Jackson some inexpensive shoes in case he ruined them. He was so excited to go! They have really added some fun things there since last year. They've got a thing called a popcorn popper, which is just an 18-wheeler tarp with a blower under it which makes it kind of like a bouncy. He loved that, except he kept falling down.

And he also loves riding that cow train, which is just metal barrels being pulled by a four-wheeler. Kind of redneck, but lots of fun! They have a petting zoo, pig races, a playground with fun slides, something called the Tennessee Twister, which made me sick, and a hayless hayride. I asked Jackson what he liked the most about the pumpkin patch, and he said, "All of it!" So I'd say it was a great day! He was out like a light before we hit the interstate!

Anyway, fun was had by all. It was a little sad because this year Jackson wanted to do everything by himself and was able to. Like last year, Tom had to ride on this cow train with him, but this year, he just hopped in and handed the guy a $1 and off he went like he was taking the Greyhound bus to college or something! :(

Tom and I have seen such a difference in him just in the past month. He really is growin up, no matter how much he tells me he won't. The other night we discovered that he throws a mean spiral football! He even positions his fingers right around the laces and everything. I asked who taught him that and he said no one. So maybe he's a natural! And he was cathing the bullets that Tom was throwing to him. Crazy.






This is my fav picture from the day.
He looks like a poor little peasant standing in a soup line or something. :)

We had a neighborhood party week before last, and I will post pics from that soon. This month is really getting away from me! I have been just way too busy with work and I am taking a week -- maybe two -- off so I can enjoy this time of year with Jackson! It really is my favorite season. I have been wanting to take some pictures of Jackson over at the Wilson County fairgrounds where they have some great little buildings I can use as backdrops. Hopefully I can do that this weekend!
Have a great week!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails