
Giles
So much has been happening that I don't even know where to begin. I guess summer has officially started, because we are getting so busy already! Last Tuesday was Jackson's last day of Mother's Day Out, so that was sad, simply because he's really enjoyed school and really loves his teacher, Mrs. Connie. Anyway, I had a little end-of-school party here at the house on Thursday, and that was a lot of fun. All of the kids in his class made except it for one little boy, and his mother was out of town, so he was staying with grandparents.
Anyway, Tom had been out of town for two days, so I had to put up the bounce house and the inflatable waterslide. And let me tell you, that was no easy feat. Really, it was the deflating and putting them away that was the hardest. That stuff weighs more than I thought. Anyway, before the kids even got here on Thursday morning I was a sweaty stinky mess from trying to get that stuff put up! Thankfully, one of the dads dropped his wife and son off, so I enlistedh is help getting everything set up! I could NOT have done it by myself. I was very grateful he showed up!
We gave Mrs. Connie her gift of the photo book and she was really pleased with it, I think. I also got one for myself. It turned out pretty nice. I definitely would use Shutterfly again for a book. And I plan on making one after we get back from the beach!
Tom got home last night and he and Jackson decided to camp out in the back yard, which was fine by me because I had work to do. And I really didn't think Jackson would make it all night long. But he did! They both came in around 6:00 this morning! Tom said that Jackson didn't want to sleep out there at first, but eventually he talked him into it.
The pool opens this weekend! I have to try to find things to occupy Jackson's time all summer since I haven't found him a two-day program to be in. It's going to be pretty touchy for me to be able to work and have him every day of the week, because he hates for me to work when he's around. I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to swing that.















No comments:
Post a Comment