Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

This post is a little late, but I just wanted to tell all the mothers out there Happy Mother's Day! I feel so grateful to be a mom. Sometimes when I think about how close Tom and I came to not having any children, it makes me really sad. Jackson is the greatest thing in my life! And I am equally grateful to have such a great mother with whom I'm still close. Mom was able to come visit us this weekend and spend Mother's Day, and we had a really nice, laid back weekend! I love you, Mom! Hope your days were nice, Mary Jo, Sherry and Mary!

Tom got a hammock from his dad and Mary for his birthday and he was able to put it up on Sunday. Jackson really loves it! He said he wanted to nap in it! I sat in it for this picture, but my big rear end almost made it hit the ground! It's not a graceful sight to see me get out of that thing. I basically have to roll out of it and just roll onto the ground and crawl away like the pig I am. :-)

Here's Jackson enjoying "his" hammock!

And finally, I was able to find some patio furniture. In case I haven't posted about it, I got the Target stuff in and HATED it, so it's on its way back via UPS. It was the wrong color wicker and also one chair was defective. ANYWAY, I ended up with some stuff that I had seen a month ago at Trees N Trends, and I like it fine. Tom and I were able to get it on Saturday in the Jeep and get it home! So I can mark that off my checklist of things to do!

Jackson and Tom got me a Vera Bradley purse for Mother's Day that I have been wanting, so Jackson was helping me clean out my old purse today. We went through hundreds of receipts, some from '07, plus toys, money, but mainly just junk. Then Jackson put his head in my purse and said, "Hey, look, Cheetos." And yes, there were some Cheetos in the bottom of my purse. That is gross, I know. I am really going to make an effort to do better! But my Jeep and my purse are just dumping grounds for me for some reason, always have been. I bet my purse weighed ten pounds before we cleaned it out from all the coins in the bottom of it!
Got our vacation all paid for today, well, not PAID for, but all put on the card. So we are READY for the beach! We won't be leaving until the end of June, but I'm getting in that mindset right now. I really am looking forward to seeing my friends and their twin boys. It has been a while since we have seen them, and we have never met the twins!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails