Thursday, February 12, 2009

Valentine's Party 2009

Jackson's Valentine's Day party was today at preschool. I went a little early to "decorate." I only had a tablecloth and some balloons. There were some rooms that were decked out. I really don't think three-year-olds care about decorations, they just want candy and cupcakes. Or at least Jackson does!
Here is Jackson's little paper plate crown that he made. He thought it would be great fun tonight to put it on Buster's head, but he forgot how much Buster loves to eat paper products and Buster got it off his head and chewed it up. Jackson swiftly melted down.
That is Jackson on the other side of the table eating his cupcake. He was in his own little world on a sugar high. He was really into his cupcake and cookie and wanted his treat bag immediately.
Jackson getting a hug and kiss from Ms. Connie. She is so loving, and I have really enjoyed that about her. Jackson doesn't give out hugs easily, but he really loves Ms. Connie and hugs her whenever we leave.

I have had A LOT of work here lately, so that's why I haven't posted much. Mom got her electricity back today, finally. Hopefully things will start getting back to normal in SE Missouri soon.

We're going to the park tomorrow if the weather is nice again, and I'll take some pictures there. There is a pirate ship playset and I took Jackson at the beginning of the week. He was having a ball playing on it by himself, but then a couple of little girls his age ran over and started playing. Here was the conversation that ensued:

Little girl: Is there treasure?
Jackson: (Hesitantly) Yes.
Little girl: Where is the treasure?
Jackson: In the treasure chest. (Well, of course.)
Little girl: Thanks, Captain!
Jackson: (Cute little grin.)

I told the girl's mom that she had just made Jackson's day by including him, and by calling him "Captain."

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails