It was a pretty important piece of furniture to me. It was the first piece of furniture I started thinking about and looking for when I found out I was pregnant. It was Jackson's safe place for three years. It's where I picked him up from every morning and put him down into every night. Jackson and I would play peek-a-boo through the slats when he was first starting to pull up. Anyway, the crib's gone now, and I'll get over it...in time! I have decided to never sell the glider I rocked him in, though!
I was thinking the other day that I don't have any pictures of Jackson sleeping. I mean none. As a newborn, he was SUCH a light sleeper that if we were rocking him and he fell asleep, if we got up to put him in the crib and any bones of ours creaked, which it was common for my knee to pop, he would jerk awake like we had pinched him. It was horrible. So I wouldn't have dared take his picture as an infant. But now he is a little better. He's still a light sleeper, but I am able to sneak into his room on occasion without waking him. Anyway, I wanted to get a picture of him sleeping.
It's funny, because he has slept with his arm up like that since he was a newborn. Sometimes it's both arms, but usually just one.
*********************************
Here's a picture of John and Rhonda Nicholson. I do some scoping work for Rhonda, so I was invited to their wedding. It was a nice, small gathering and I was glad to be invited. I had a really nice time. I'm going to frame this and give it to them as a gift. 
Congratulations guys!
***************************
This picture of Barney reminds me of the picture I saw on the Internet eight years ago of a wet little puppy that had been found wandering the streets of Clarksville. Well, it was Barney as a puppy, and he was the cutest thing I had ever seen, next to Buster as a puppy of course. Anyway, I cleaned the kitchen floor on Friday and Barney got out in the back yard and got muddy, so Tom put him in the tub. He is SO hard to wash because of all his hair. It's never fully rinsed! And now the house smells like wet dog. Thanks, Barney.
****************************
And this is so bad, but I just remembered we missed Buster's birthday. It was January 29. That's also my mom's birthday. I picked that day because Love At First Sight was not sure when he was actually born because he and his siblings were found somewhere and brought in. Anyway, Happy Birthday, Buster! We love you! You are a great friend.
And this is so bad, but I just remembered we missed Buster's birthday. It was January 29. That's also my mom's birthday. I picked that day because Love At First Sight was not sure when he was actually born because he and his siblings were found somewhere and brought in. Anyway, Happy Birthday, Buster! We love you! You are a great friend.
















No comments:
Post a Comment