Monday, July 28, 2008

Mabe In America!

I have been a huge fan of Tom Mabe for, oh, eight years now. He is just a regular guy that sat around and waited for telemarketers to call him and then taped the call and pranked the telemarketer. He lives in Kentucky. I have the first CD he put out about eight or nine years ago. Anyway, I noticed last night on television that he has a show out called Mabe in America and I didn't even know it! I assume it's kind of like a Candid Camera show or something. I HAVE to catch it next episode. He is really funny. I found this little video on YouTube of him that I thought was pretty clever. This is Tom Mabe's way of Feeding the Homeless.

Okay, I finally found some bedroom furniture for Jackson's big boy room. The wood is darker than what I had in my mind, but it's really good, solid furniture and I think it will serve him well for years to come. Tom, Jackson and I went to see it last night and bought it. We bought it off of Craigslist. The lady said her son never slept on the bed and the stuff was brand new, for the most part. I think we got a pretty good deal, too. Here are a couple of pictures. We got a captain's bed and mattress, the chest and the nightstand.


The picture with the bed is not very clear, but it's a nice bed. Tom is going to pick it up on Saturday. I initially wanted a trundle bed, but these drawers will be great extra storage since the rooms in this house are SO small!

I am so wrapped up in getting Jackson's little birthday invitation completed. I wish sometimes I wasn't so anal and OCD about things like this. But then I just wouldn't be me, now, would I?

Jackson and I were just laying down together and I was telling him "Jack Schneider" stories, which are just that, stories I make up with him as the main character. Anyhoo, I started to talk to him about how he's going to start school this fall (preschool) and how he'll be meeting so many new friends and having snacks and he'll have to obey the teacher, blah, blah, blah, and that I would be dropping him off and then picking him up.

I thought it would be good to start getting him prepared mentally for this new thing in his life. Well, he started crying and got really upset and was saying, "You go, Momma. You go with me, Momma." My heart was breaking. I cried too! Then I assured him that I was never going to leave him, ever. That preschool might be having to make room for me. I'll be like Jethrina in the back of the room!

Until next time...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails