Sunday, March 30, 2008

DOGS RUN AMUCK

I got these pictures over the weekend on a day that it was nice. Tom brought out the little Jeep for Jackson to play with. He had a good time with it. I think he wishes it would go faster so he could really chase the dogs!

Jackson had fun playing in the yard!

He liked going in reverse more than forward



Looks like we've got a tire pressure problem




Buster enjoying the nice day outside

Barney basking in the sun


Buster and Barney both got baths on Friday at PetSmart. We dropped them off and picked them up about three hours later. They smell so good now! They seem to feel better too.

On Sunday, Buster and Barney escaped from the house. Jackson was napping and Tom was NOWHERE to be found. I let the dogs in from being outside in the backyard, and when I did, they went straight into the living room, out the side door and out the open garage. Ah, the sweet smell of freedom! The next thing I know, Buster is already across the street going between two houses. I was yelling -- no, make that SCREAMING for Tom, and no Tom. I was yelling in the house, out in the backyard, in the front yard -- mind you, the dogs are still on the run during this -- and no Tom. I'm surprised I didn't wake Jackson up.
I didn't know what I should do. Now I can no longer see the dogs. I know they haven't gotten far. I hated to do it, but I jumped in the Jeep and headed out after them, no shoes on, leaving Jackson sleeping soundly in his bed. I closed the garage door and knew the other doors were locked and that I wouldn't be gone more than five minutes, but I still hated doing it. And I knew Tom HAD to be somewhere close. But if I had waited too long, those dumb dogs would end up roadkill.

Anyway, I rounded the corner and saw them trotting happily down the paved trail, greeting joggers on their way to who knows where. I parked the Jeep, left it running. I had grabbed their collars and leashes out of the garage on my way out, thank goodness. I yelled at them, they stopped, but weren't going to come towards me. Then I pulled their collars and leashes out and they immediately came to me for me to put their collars on. It was so funny to me. Here they were free as the wind, but when they saw me with their leashes, they're like: Oh, she's going to take us on a walk, hooray! Again, not the smartest hounds.
I was so mad, more so at Tom. He had gone to the area dumpster to put some boxes in it. I haven't felt my heart race like that in forever. Anyway, trauma over. Dogs home. Tom in the doghouse. All is well. Ha, ha.
Until next time...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails