Sunday, December 16, 2007

Merry Christmas Everyone!


First of all, I've been putting off blogging this week because I didn't have much to say and I've been tired. But since this is somewhat of a journal for me, or for Jackson someday, I have to write about the passing of my dear friend Marti's mother, Shirley Jones. I considered Shirley a friend of mine too. She always welcomed me into her home and I felt comfortable there. It was one of the few houses that I could just walk in without knocking. She also had a sense of humor that I appreciated. Shirley attended my wedding, having to travel to Nashville, just a month or so after she lost her husband Don, and that meant a lot to me. Her health had been failing for some time, but her death was something I wasn't expecting. I visited with her and Marti a little over Thanksgiving and I'm glad I was able to see her then. She is deeply missed already. I went home last week to attend the visitation and the funeral. I have copied her obituary from the DDD:

* * *

Shirley Jones, 72, of Kennett, died Monday, December 10, 2007 at Kennett.
Born April 12, 1935, at White Oak, Mo., she was the daughter of the late Alfred Arlin and Ethel Minnie Pugh Dye. On February 22, 1957, she married Donald S. Jones who preceded her in death August 7, 2000. Survivors include Dr. Rick D. Jones and wife, Judy, of Kennett; two daughters, Christy Jones of Jonesboro, Ark. and Marti Jones and fiancé Andy Lewis of St. Louis; two sisters, Brenda Hicks and Beverly Stone, both of Kennett; seven grandchildren and three great-grandchildren.

* * *

Last Friday, Jackson and I traveled from Missouri to Indiana to have Christmas in Jasper. What should have taken around four hours took six excruciating hours. I was about to twist Jackson's head from his shoulders. It's a long trip for a toddler, and I felt sorry for him, but there was nothing I could do but sit and listen to him whine. It was truly exhausting. I had Tom buy another DVD player once we got to Jasper because our other one broke. So now maybe the trip to Missouri on Sunday won't be as bad as it was last week, because now he can watch a movie!

Jackson got a lot of great gifts while we were in Jasper for Christmas. He got an easel from Grandma Hart and Papa John, and then he got some trucks and a digger that go with this Thomas the Train stuff, which he loves. He also got some Play-Doh and finger paints from Starla, Colby and Mitchell, and some "Cars" cars that he didn't have from Rob and Suzanne and family. His Great Grandma Leona got him a "Cars" patio set and some great books that we've been reading him. Here are some layouts I've done from the Jasper Christmas. I'm not done with the two-pager because I want to put little subtitles on it, but I knew if I didn't get this stuff posted that it would be after Christmas before I had time again.

We got some snow while we were in Jasper. I don't know how much, but Jackson liked seeing it. It had all cleared by the time we left on Sunday of last week. We're going to be traveling to Missouri on Sunday for Christmas in Missouri. I must say that I will be glad to finally stay put in TN for a while. All this traveling with a toddler just isn't my idea of a good time.





I love this picture of Jackson.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

SEE YOU IN THE NEW YEAR!

1 comment:

Tonya said...

Jackson is just too darn adorable!!! I love the pic w/ the snow! See you guys soon! Be careful coming home! Give Jack big hugs and kisses!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails