Sunday, August 5, 2007

Still In Indiana!


Jackson and I left on Thursday going to Jasper for a long weekend. Tom came up on Friday in his company car after a day's work. We went straight to Papaw and Mamaw's (Tom's dad and stepmom) house when we got into town after a detour in lovely downtown Owensboro. Still not sure how that happened. Jackson has become a great traveler. He slept about two hours of the trip and then awoke to watch me try to find my way back to 231. Anyway, we got into Schnellville around 4:30 or 5:00 and ate and visited with Papaw and Mamaw until about 7:30. Next stop, Grandma and Grandpa Hart's (Tom's mom and stepdad). We pretty much called it an evening then. Jackson said Papaw for the first time on Thursday. He's getting better at it. First it sounded like Ta-paw, but now it's sounding more like Pa-paw. It's cute!

Then on Friday we went swimming in Grandma and Grandpa Hart's pool! That was a lot of fun. I made the mistake of reminding Jackson how much he liked to jump off the side into someone's arms, so he was all about doing that, which can wear the person who's catching him out! But he likes to swim. Tom showed up while we were swimming and got in the pool too. We went to downtown Jasper and window shopped some before we swam. I have a favorite store down there where I could really do some damage if I were so inclined. But right now our we need so much for our house that I can't pinpoint a place to start, so I would really just be wasting money. Later that day, we took Jackson down to see the hot air balloons take off. It's something involved with Strassenfest. Jackson was intrigued by them, as you can see here:







Then we took Jackson to the Fest for a little bit Friday night to ride some kiddie rides. I didn't think he would do it. I thought he'd be afraid. But he wasn't. He really liked them! I mean, he appeared somewhat apprehensive in the sense that he kept his hands in the 10:00 and 2:00 position on his little kiddie steering wheel and didn't divert his eyes from what was ahead of him. We were off to the side yelling his name and he just stared blankly ahead. Once in a while he would look around with a scowl on his face like we were distracting him from the mission at hand, whatever that was. Anyway, here is a cute picture of Jackson and Caroline, who is Chad and Lisa's little girl, riding a ride:



On Saturday, we took Jackson over to see his great grandparents who live right around the corner from Grandma and Grandpa Hart. He didn't warm up to them very quickly, but I'm sure it's because he's only been around them a few times before that. Mary Jo has taken him over there in a little wagon by herself some too. Anyway, he wasn't real sure about Bill until Bill took him for a wheelchair ride. And we all know how he is about wheels and cars, right? Well, he really liked that. Here are some pics from that visit:

Well, there will be much more to share after today. Jackson's great grandmother Bernadette is turning 83 and we are going to her birthday party. I'll update the blog in a couple of days with those.

Come back again real soon!

Sabrina

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails