Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day, Everyone!

This was my Mother's Day breakfast in bed. Yes, that is the lid to a storage container, but we don't have any serving trays and like Tom said, if I spilled my juice, it would be an easy cleanup! Those flowers are from various sources in our yard and Jackson made the card! I should have scanned it so you could see the inside of it. He drew me and my left ear is horribly misshapen! I also got this beautiful frame that I love. See below.
Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers, but especially to my mother! Thank you for everything you've done for me throughout my life. I am very grateful. I love you! :)
Here's the reason Mother's Day is now a special day for me! I sure got lucky with this one!

**********************

Tom's birthday was Thursday and so I made lasagna and peanut butter pie. The lasagna was really good, but the peanut butter pie was entirely too rich. I think we would have been better off, and it would have saved me a heap of time, if we would have just dug out a spoonful of peanut butter and ate it! Anyway, I will be making that lasagna again for sure. Here is a link to the recipe: BEST LASAGNA EVER The Pioneer Woman has a lot of really great ones, plus she does them step by step, which helps those of us who are culinary challenged!

Jackson and I bought Tom some outdoor solar lights to light up his stone walkway. I really like them and they put off a lot more light than I thought they would! I hope you had a great birthday, Tom!

The first card I made I had his age as 38. Duh. I just can't keep up with things anymore, much less how old people are! I thought for a whole year I was already 42, until I turned 42 in March and realized I had just missed my whole year of being 41! I need a do-over for real on that.

***********************

Old Buster
**********************

Jackson and I went to the Art Festival at Centennial on Friday. I love to walk around those things and I rarely miss them. I was worried the grounds would be too wet for them this year, but it was fine. The wind was horrible and blowing some tents down, but it was a pretty day otherwise. Here Jackson is eating his lunch, a corndog, at 10 a.m. He just HAD to have one and suddenly was "starving to death" when he saw the little booth that had them.




Jack and the Parthenon
**********************

Jackson and his friend Drew at soccer practice

My little soccer star!

For some reason, all these kids like to pick each other up. It's crazy!


Sadie picking up Jackson!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails