Sunday, April 11, 2010

Soccer Star!

Jackson's second soccer game was this past Saturday. We missed the first one because we were in Florida. But his team won. They also won their second game, with a score of 3-0! So far they're undefeated. ;) Jacskon didn't see much action, although I do think he got a kick in here and there. His team's name is The Rockets.



Grandma Hart and Papa John were in visiting this weekend so they were able to watch his game! I really thought he would fall apart with all the people yelling and kids running around chasing the ball, but he didn't. I was really proud of him! I think I took around 170 pictures!

***********************
Wesley was in town last week with Stacy and Michael and we met up with them on Tuesday after Jackson got out of school. It was so sweet to see those two together again. We were kind of hanging around on the sidewalk when they walked up, and Jackson and Wesley kind of ran up to each other and then took off for the playground. No need for pleasantries between those two; just play! They'll always be the best of friends, I think.

I think they played for almost three hours and loved every minute of it. Sad to see him go, but hopefully we can meet up late summer for a little Holiday World fun!

***********************
I have been wanting to tile this fireplace since Day 1 of moving into this house, so Tom finally found some time do it last weekend. We're not finished, because we still have to figure out how we're going to tile the hearth. We wanted to find bigger tiles that compliment the random tiles to do it with, but now we're thinking it would just be easier to do the random tiles on the hearth too. In any event, it looks MUCH better! I hated that old black tar looking surround! Tom has done a great job. I'll post a real "after" picture when it's all completed.


I hope everyone is having the kind of weather we're having here! It's really been unbelievable. I take the written portion of the RPR exam on Thursday, so everyone wish me luck that I will pass. I will still have the skills portion May 1st. That's the one that I will probably be having to repeat. :( If all goes well, I should be back in the world of court reporting by fall. Yipee.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails