Monday, October 8, 2007

We're Home From Home

Jackson and I went to Missouri to my hometown on Thursday and got back today at about 4:00. It was a lot of fun. I met some of my friends out Thursday night at a local Mexican restaurant. I don't see them very often AT ALL, but it seemed like no time has passed once we started talking. There's something very familiar and comfortable about old (old as in longevity of friendship, not as in age) friends. I had a great time with them.



Nanna & Jackson relaxing


It was my brother Darin's birthday on Saturday, so on Friday night we ate with Mom and on Saturday night we went out to the Mexican place with Dad and Sherry. So Darin had a lot of family time this weekend! Jackson liked throwing coins into the fountain at the Mexican place.






While we were home, our family friend Karion Noah brought her grandson Noah over to play with Jackson. They are very close in age. They had a really good time together. They jumped on Nanna's bed and played with his cars. It was good for him to have someone his age to play with for a little while.






We also went by a store in Kennett that sells these Victorian-style playhouses, and Jackson really likes it because it's just his size. I wish Tom and I could get one for Jackson to play with in the backyard, but I think they are $2,700! I would have loved this when I was a girl. Heck, I'd love it now! It would make a great dog house once Jackson outgrows it. We could put a doggie door in it and our dogs could live out there.




We went to church on Sunday morning with Dad and Sherry to the Baptist church where they go now. Jackson didn't last long sitting in the congregation. Sherry took him back to the nursery to play for the entirety of the service pretty much. He doesn't even know he has an "inside voice" yet, much less how to use it.


This morning we went out to see Dad at the radio station where he does a morning radio show, and I could just kick myself because I forgot to take my camera with me out there. I wanted to get a picture of Jackson and Dad at the boards in the station! Next time, hopefully. But Jackson made his radio on-air debut. Dad introduced him on the air and asked Jackson what a dog says, and much to my surprise he said "woof." I figured he would be too bashful, but he wasn't.

Tom worked on the yard all weekend. He got so much done. He rented some piece of equipment and leveled and cleaned all of the side yard and planted grass and then put straw on top of it. It has REALLY enlarged our backyard. My neighbor told me he really worked his tail off. I had told her to keep an eye on him because he is kind of accident-prone sometimes, and I had visions of him flipping that thing over and being pinned underneath it. But alas, that didn't happen, and he did a great job! He is really sore now.

Well, that was our weekend in a nutshell, I guess. I'll try to post again mid-week.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails