Sunday, September 23, 2007

Yes, I have pictures!

PART 1

I think I'll have to do this blog in four sections this time because there are so many things to talk about. First of all, yes, Jackson had a great second birthday. We blew it out over here for him. He had a "CARS" themed party and grandparents came from afar. Anyway, it was great. He got lots and lots of toys, enough to make Mom remark that she is not going to buy him any more. (P.S., You will especially enjoy Part 4 of the blog, Mom.) Here are some pictures from Saturday, the 15th.



******************************************************
PART 2

The weather has been so nice here lately, so Stacy and I decided that we would take our boys out into nature on Friday. We went to the Greenway over in Hermitage that winds along the river. It was a very nice day. Wesley pulled his wagon as I pushed Jackson on his trike. Later on, Wesley was pulling Jackson while he sat in the wagon. Seems like Jackson did a whole lot of riding. Lazy bones. Anyway, it was a really nice morning. . .UNTIL Stacy was robbed!

As we were walking up to the cars, I noticed that Stacy's back window had been busted out. I'm like, why is your window broken? Duh. This is broad daylight, mind you. Somebody pulled up and busted her back window and stole her purse, which had been tucked up under the passenger seat for safe-keeping. Meanwhile, my bright tote was sitting in the passenger seat of the Jeep with my zipper wide open just begging for someone to take it. Go figure.

We were freaking out, needless to say. I called the cops while she called Michael. Michael called and canceled all of her cards and stuff, and said that the perps (cop lingo) had already got a tank of gas on her Discover card. Finally the cops show up. They were able to lift a print, for all the good that will do. The cop said he's sure it was some crack heads. Great. She only had $12 in her wallet. I don't know how high they can get on that, but to each his own.

While Stacy and Michael were outside talking to the cops, I started the Jeep up so the boys could get in and cool down. They had been running in circles like maniacs, so they were sweating. Jackson was in his carseat and Wesley was kind of in the floorboard playing with some cars on the seat. After they wrapped things up with the cops, Stacy was trying to get Wesley out of the Jeep. He didn't want to go because he was playing, so he was kind of fussing. Stacy was getting a little fed up and said: "Son, I'm hot, I'm hungry and I've just been robbed. We're going home." It struck me as so funny. I can laugh right now just thinking about it. I actually wrote it down.

All that said, it was still a nice morning, but it definitely took a sudden downturn after that. Here are some pictures I took on the trail of Jackson and Wesley.




***********************************************************

PART 3

We had a community yard sale Saturday morning. Tom got everything together and was sitting out there bright and early. We REALLY wanted to sell our treadmill because we obviously are never going to use it. It's like new, but it seems no one wants to buy one at the moment, because it didn't sell at the yard sale. I think all in all we made around $250, which is pretty good.

At one point, Tom stuck his head inside and said, "If you're out here, don't plug the treadmill in, okay?" And I'm thinking, how stupid would that be; that's too dangerous. Well, it seems a little girl had gotten on the treadmill and was going at a slow, easy pace, and as Tom was talking to "her people" and trying to clinch a sale, that girl must have hit a button on the high side of the thing and she almost shot off it like a rocket. Tom caught her arm right before she bit the concrete! The neighbors across the street were laughing their butts off. They said it was hilarious. I said, I smell a lawsuit.

*************************************************
PART 4

Let me start off by saying: Stacy, Michael and Wesley got Jackson a Thomas the Train starter set for his birthday. That being said, I blame them fully for our recent purchase for Jackson. You see, we bought him a train table yesterday afternoon. (I can almost hear my mother sighing in disbelief.) It wasn't just a train table alone, but it had several trains, a roundhouse, some tunnels and tracks too. I saw it on Craigslist and called the lady and then Tom went and purchased it all. It was a REALLY good price, and we used a portion of our yard sale earnings. When Tom got it home, I cleaned it all up, and then once Jackson went to bed, Tom put it all together up in the playroom.

So this morning after breakfast, we took Jackson upstairs to play. I got up there before him so I could take his picture at the exact moment he spotted it. He gets up the stairs and is just sauntering along, looking at nothing in particular, when his eyes land on it. His mouth just kind of dropped open, like "Where did this come from, and is it mine?" The first picture is of him seeing it for the first time. Then I took several others of him playing with it. He really likes it! So I am squarely placing the blame on our overindulgence of Jackson on the Warpools. He he he.







Come back again real soon!

Sabrina

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails