Dad (Pawpaw) came in to visit on Tuesday and spent the night with us. It was good to visit with him. We got up Wednesday morning and thought it would be fun to take Jackson to breakfast at Cracker Barrel. WRONG. I think it's the first time he's ever been to breakfast out, if I remember right. I ordered him French toast, which he refused to eat. He did want, however, the baked apple compote that was whipped up on top of MY pancakes. So he really didn't have breakfast.
He has added more words to his list now. While Dad was here, he said "sure." It's so close to how he says shirt, I'm not sure it's really a new word, but I'll count it. Today he said "more." So little by little, he's becoming vocal.
I have finally gotten Jackson to sleep back in his own crib. Whew! I have been having to take him to bed with me every night, which means I have to go to bed around 8:30 or 9:00, which I'm usually not ready to do, but for the past two or three nights he's been sleeping in his crib. And I think the reason he's sleeping in his crib now is because I put a pillow in there. He loves having a pillow to sleep on. Don't get me wrong, he usually cries when I put him down, but it has diminished from three hours straight of crying (no exaggeration, ask Tom) to about ten minutes of crying before he drifts off. Hallelujah!
Today, Friday, we had a playdate over at Wesley's house. Wesley is now in a "big boy" bed, which Jackson found to be great fun to play on. He especially loved Wesley's stool he uses to get in bed with. I guess I'll have to buy him a stool now. Stacy had a coloring book with some press-on tattoos in it. I thought the boys would like to have a Cars tattoo on them, so Stacy and I proceeded to do just that. I cut out "Sally" from the Cars movie and put it on Jackson and you would have thought I had placed a blood-sucking leach on him. He was not happy. So then I put one on myself, Towmater, of course, and he didn't like that either. So I had to use fingernail polish to remove both of them. Maybe that's a good sign. Maybe he won't ever get a REAL tattoo! Wesley seems to like his. His is on his ankle!
This entry is all a little disjointed, but that's the rundown.

Come back again real soon!
Sabrina















1 comment:
That is funny about the tatoos!!! Jackson cracks me up!!! Thanks for posting pics. . . those were cute!!! :)
Post a Comment