He will be four in a little over a month!It has almost been two full months that I've been without my laptop, and lots has happened in that two months. Let's see. We went to Gulf Shores on vacation and had a great time, Jackson went to Jasper with Tom and without me for the first time, Jackson had a visit from Nana and then from Papaw and Mamaw and he bowled for the very first time! And yes, I have pictures from most of those events to post.
First, our vacation was from June 19 to whatever day Michael Jackson passed away on. I can't remember the date, but I remember hearing that on the radio on our way home, and then hearing about it ad nauseum for the ensuing weeks. Listen, I know he was a celebrity and they are going to get more coverage than, say, me when I die, but pa-lease! Poor Farah. Has she even been buried yet? Does anyone know? I haven't heard any more about her once the Prince of Pop passed. Okay, enough about that.
Vacation was fun. But I'll never go back to Gulf Shores because it seemed really dirty and crowded. Seriously. Jackson seemed to like the beach much more than last year, and I'm sure having the twins, Connor and Evan, there helped that. He L.O.V.E.D. those boys and loved having kids his age to play with. I am so glad I finally got to meet them! They were just adorable! It was great to spend time with our friends, Cathy and Shawn, even though I played drums with RockBand so much a few of the nights that my butt cheeks ached every morning.
I am still editing pictures from the beach, so it might be awhile on those. The new header has a picture that I like from the beach. There are some really good ones of Jackson playing on the beach and of Cathy and her boys, but that will have to even wait until later. Sigh. Things have just been too busy for me with work around here! But I will post a few pictures from when Papaw and Mamaw came to visit a couple of weekends ago, because I've already edited those. So here are a few from their visit.
I will just have to be diligent in updating this every day since I've been away for so long. Baby steps! ;)

And now a few side notes because I don't want to forget. I am finally getting to go listen to some live music in a few weekends. Edwin McCain is going to be at 3rd & Lindsley! And then in October, I'm going to see Mat Kearney with some friends. I really miss going out to live shows. I used to have so much fun doing that! Click here for a video of Mat Kearney:















No comments:
Post a Comment